By Adriana K
Recently, I got a Hair curlier from London Drugs. It was on sale and my previous curlier broke. I purchased the Conair 1 1/4 Instant Heat Curlier and this baby works like a charm. And it was only $15!! This deal is a steal! This curlier has a clamp but you can you use the clamp or just free hand it. Personally I like to curl my hair both ways because my hair is crazy and both styles look good. I would rate this curlier a 7 out of 10 because it is amazing and actually works. It is not extra-ordinary but it works and that’s all that’s all I care about. Yeah, I know this review is very short but that’ s all I have to say. That’s the way the cookie crumbles. Happy Thanksgiving Guys!!
By Emily S.
At the moment I believe there is a very big trend brewing in the hair world. Double buns are really becoming a big thing with tons of celebrities wearing them including Kylie Jenner, Vanessa Hudgens, Miley Cyrus and it’s all over tumblr. You know that if these celebrities are doing this and if its on tumblr it’s fashion forward. What I like about this look is its so versatile for all hair styles and types, if Miley Cyrus can wear it with her new cut then you can too. It’s really easy and only takes a few steps!
What you’ll need:
Two mini elastics (that will blend with your hair)
A brush or comb
First you want to part your hair down the middle of your head.
Next put two high pony tails on the top of your head. Now this is where the creativity comes in, you can stick the pony tails really close to the top of your head or closer to the back, for a bolder look put then right near the top.
After you have placed your pony’s start twisting them till they fall over each other and makes a bun on your head. Play around with it and fix the bun until it’s to your liking.
If you have thick hair like me you can use black mini elastics to secure the buns or use bobby pins
Lastly finish with a bit of hairspray
What I’m wearing: H&M top, H&M velvet tights, Urban outfitters platform sneakers (I hope you enjoyed my post. Xox)
September is fast approaching and school is about to start. For some of you this is the beginning of your high school adventure. Or maybe your a senior like me and can’t wait to get out of this stupid place. But don’t worry! Below I have made a list of some tips and advice to help you out on your first year!
1. For me morning routine is everything. Having a set time to get up helps makes the early hours a little bit easier.
2. Keep the make up to a minimum. We don’t want to cake it on. Maybe mascara, eyeliner, and blush? Don’t be a afraid of creativity
3. YouTube is your friend. If you don’t know anything about the beauty community you might as well be living under a rock. Learning how to find your style and put on makeup can be difficult. But there are thousands of videos online to help lead you in the right direction.
4. Be your self, and don’t care what other people think. If you feel like you want to dress a certain way be all means go ahead and be the girl who is noticed as different!
5. A simple hello or compliment like cute shoes, are all it takes to start a conversation.
6. Take classes that you want to take not that your friends are taking. You will be much happier in a place that you enjoy then one where u dread doing the work in.
7. You will find your true friend by being yourself. Yes some may leave you along the way but then your really know who is going to stick by your side in times of need.
8. Join as many activities that interest you. Play sports, be in the dram club, take art classes. Iit’s a great way to find out what you don’t like and like and make new friends.
9. Don’t feel like you have to have a boyfriend, first kiss, drink, and do crazy shit. It may seem like most of the people around you are but not everyone is. Truthfully I’m about to be a senior and so far none of these things are crossed off my list.. You have time don’t just don’t rush into it if you don’t want to.
10. Don’t gossip… It a recipe for disaster
11. All the shit movie and TV shows say about high school is not true.
12. People can be mean it’s a fact of life. just learn how to be strong and stand up for yourself.
13. Don’t be afraid of change it’s bound to happen.
14. The people you will meet are only a small part of you’r life. There is bigger and better world out there than this tiny bubble we call school.
15. Your not stuck in this place forever. It all goes by in a blur. Once senior year hits you, you will be sitting here like me wondering where the time went.
16. Enjoy it. It’s the last part of your life where you won’t have the whole weight of the world on your shoulders.
Remember if your scared about all of this don’t be! Think about all the people who have graduated and went through the same worries as you. Guess what?? They made it. So it cant be that hard. Can it?
Good luck to you all!