By Adriana K
Yes, I collect mugs don’t judge me. I have been recently collecting them so I don’t have that many, yet. Whenever I see a mug or a tea cup that’s catches my eye, I purchase it. I think everyone one should collect something, it’s tons of fun and you have another reason to go out shopping!
My first mug is from Homesense. I got it in the early summer because I loved the quote and design on it. Later that month Hannah came over and feel in love with it and got the same one. We’re twins now. I use this mugs for my teas, which is quite often.
My second and third mug is from Homesense as well. They both have floral print on them. I really enjoy floral printed things and I thought these mugs would look so cute with tea or coffee in them. One mug has pink floral design on it and the other has multiple colored flowers.
My fourth cup is also from Homesense. As you can tell I very much like Homesense and their pretty mugs. This mug has a traditional Polish design on it and also it was made in Poland. I purchase this mug because I don’t know a lot about my Polish background but I can learn and buying a pretty mug is a good way to start!
My firth mug is from Ikea. My mother got this mug like seven years ago. My dad uses it for his coffee and recently I have too. This cup is taller than the others but it has character. On the side there is a huge coffee stain that wouldn’t come out. I like this mug for my coffee because of it’s skinny figure it deceased the amount of coffee I pour in, which is good!
With so many mugs you need to have a teapot! I got this elephant teapot from Salvation Army a month ago and I have loved it since. Emily found it at the thirft store and I adored it. That puppy was sold!
On Sunday’s,I love to cuddle into my sweater, have a good book to read and of course a warm cup of tea. You can never go wrong with tea. I hope you guys like this post about my mug collection. Cheers!
By Adriana K
Recently, I went to the Aritzia Warehouse Sale and checked it out. Located at Canada Place, the sale was huge; racks and racks that continued forever. On certain items the prices were amazing on others it was okay maybe like $20-40 off the original $160 normal price. I am not a huge Aritzia fan but I do enjoy their style of clothing but the prices are like a bank robbery. Only sometimes do I ever walk into Aritzia. So the Warehouse sale did me some good!
The first thing I found was a very comfy, baggy long tank. It is very loose and the sides cut down so you have to wear a bando underneath! The Talula tank has a adorable cat face on it and I absolutely had to get it! It was originally $40 but I got it for $10. I also found a lovely light Carmel scarf but before I could get it another women pushed past me and grabbed it! Damn, it was a pretty scarf.
The second thing I found was a black simple bando. I have been wanting one for awhile and finally I got it! The bando was originally $30 and I got it for $4.99.
The last thing I purchased was a bra. It is black and very comfy from Wilfred. The bra is very simple with no wiring, it was originally $35 but I got it for $4.99!
In all I payed $22 which I thought was really good price. Next year I am going to come again and hopefully the sales will be great!
By: Emily S.
Thrifting tip number 2 is to try and have an open mind. You should always keep the idea in your head that you could alter an item to better fit your liking. I have done this so many times and now i have lots of pieces that I love. Here are a few ideas of things you can change to make them more you!
1. I would say the number 1 thing girls do to change things they get at thrift stores is make high waisted pants into cut off shorts, ive done this an uncountable amount of times and sometimes the shorts end up a little to short but doing this takes trial and error so just keep trying until you make the perfect shorts for you.
2. Another thing that is big in altering an item is cutting up big tees. you can make them into tank tops, crop tops or muscle tees. I always look for these kinds of shirts with cool prints like tye die or bands on them.
3. Remember that you can take any item you buy and alter the size. Bring it to a tailor or maybe ask your grandma to help you sew and fix it.
4. My favorite thing to change up is buying figurines at the thrift store, i love finding Buddhas, and painting them to match my room! At the moment i’ve been painting them black but what i live is i can always go back and change that to another colour.
What i love about thrifting is that most places do give their whole profits or some to charity’s and organizations so it make me feel good. Hopefully i have inspired you to go and buy somethings at the thrift store and change it up.
If you would like to see tutorials on any of these ideas just let me know by commenting, thanks for reading
September is fast approaching and school is about to start. For some of you this is the beginning of your high school adventure. Or maybe your a senior like me and can’t wait to get out of this stupid place. But don’t worry! Below I have made a list of some tips and advice to help you out on your first year!
1. For me morning routine is everything. Having a set time to get up helps makes the early hours a little bit easier.
2. Keep the make up to a minimum. We don’t want to cake it on. Maybe mascara, eyeliner, and blush? Don’t be a afraid of creativity
3. YouTube is your friend. If you don’t know anything about the beauty community you might as well be living under a rock. Learning how to find your style and put on makeup can be difficult. But there are thousands of videos online to help lead you in the right direction.
4. Be your self, and don’t care what other people think. If you feel like you want to dress a certain way be all means go ahead and be the girl who is noticed as different!
5. A simple hello or compliment like cute shoes, are all it takes to start a conversation.
6. Take classes that you want to take not that your friends are taking. You will be much happier in a place that you enjoy then one where u dread doing the work in.
7. You will find your true friend by being yourself. Yes some may leave you along the way but then your really know who is going to stick by your side in times of need.
8. Join as many activities that interest you. Play sports, be in the dram club, take art classes. Iit’s a great way to find out what you don’t like and like and make new friends.
9. Don’t feel like you have to have a boyfriend, first kiss, drink, and do crazy shit. It may seem like most of the people around you are but not everyone is. Truthfully I’m about to be a senior and so far none of these things are crossed off my list.. You have time don’t just don’t rush into it if you don’t want to.
10. Don’t gossip… It a recipe for disaster
11. All the shit movie and TV shows say about high school is not true.
12. People can be mean it’s a fact of life. just learn how to be strong and stand up for yourself.
13. Don’t be afraid of change it’s bound to happen.
14. The people you will meet are only a small part of you’r life. There is bigger and better world out there than this tiny bubble we call school.
15. Your not stuck in this place forever. It all goes by in a blur. Once senior year hits you, you will be sitting here like me wondering where the time went.
16. Enjoy it. It’s the last part of your life where you won’t have the whole weight of the world on your shoulders.
Remember if your scared about all of this don’t be! Think about all the people who have graduated and went through the same worries as you. Guess what?? They made it. So it cant be that hard. Can it?
Good luck to you all!